I did get out to do some immersion dyeing on Friday but the results weren’t great. First of all, I thought I had plenty of yellow MX dye powder but not so…instead I used the liquid form and I guess I didn’t use enough dye. Some of it’s better than others but it’s mostly too light to show up in a photograph but since it’s all destined to 2 or 3 color dips, all is not lost. First, here’s my outdoor set-up:
I spent quite a bit of the past two days preparing fabric for shibori dyeing. First, I had to take out all the string and thread form the first dye bath. It take a lot of time to iron, fold, pleat, iron, fold and to wind and tie fabric for this technique! But here’s the fabric after the first yellow dye bath, in varying states of preparation for the second:
Whew! My hands hurt!