January One Four Challenge – Week 2

Lake Q Twilight, Week Two

Lake Q Twilight, Week Two

I lost track of some of what I did in the beginning, but somehow, after giving it a new crop, I pretty much had a silhouette with a deep rosy color. And I layered that with a B&W image and merged those two layers. I then boosted the saturation and used the Cutout Filter.  With the Black and White pic I used the accented edges effect, layered those two.  Last, I boosted the gamma and the curves tool gave it more clarity.  Then, I overlayed another image layer over that of a photo I took a couple of years ago of some concert lights.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Linking up with Robyn’s Captivate Me Blog for the One Four Challenge. Check it out to see more great photographs for this challenge.

1. Lynne Ayers says:

Drastic transformation ! 🙂 I wish I knew how to do layering …

Cool…i love layering!

3. It’s fun to overlay sometimes isn’t it! Beautifully done!!

4. BWLEtravel says:

Not crazy about the overlay….prefer the serenity of the Week 1 version.

Wow I love this week’s result. Enjoyed reading about your process too.
    I find this very appealing!! Nice work Janis 😃

6. kmmig says:

I like the artistic rendering of this photo. The layers really made me look closely to see what was going on. Intriguing!

7. Anita says:

Ooh I love that rosy tint and the overlay!

8. Joanne says:

Wow, so different! I kept getting drawn back to look at this image repeatedly. It’s really interesting. At first I didn’t think I was going to like it, but the more I looked, it grew on me. Good work! Eager to see where you take it next!

Wow, that’s a really odd effect! Love the experimentation you did, but it’s a bit too out there for me – love the serenity of Week1. I bet you had heaps of fun though, and that’s the main thing!

10. This is very cool and dramatic. Personally I prefer the peacefulness of week one, but I do like this a lot. It’s almost like an entirely new photograph with the layering.

11. Interesting surreal interpretation of the image.

12. leecleland says:

Like the crop and the colour, a very different edit Janis.

13. maggi21 says:

Your manipulations have produced a really dramatic image.