March One Four Challenge Week One

Swampscot AT Night

Swampscott At Night

Original Image

Original Image

Week One Process:

Tweaked exposure and offset slightly.

Added a little more white into the levels mix.

Increased saturation.

Smart sharpen, edit with pin light.

Linking up with Captivate Me!

1. you defiantly got some early evening tones in the image will be interesting to see the future edits this month. The sky is a bit noisy and that might be an area to be careful of when sharpening.

Lovely original image. I wonder whether the sharpening and increased saturation could be lessened a little as the image on my screen seems a bit grainy now. But it could be my screen….

• The sharpening was not great, minimal actually.The original is pretty grainy. It’s a point and shoot digital so I have no control over shutter speed adjustments and such which is especially useful in such low light situations, but I work with what I have. Maybe there are some post editing tricks in PS I don’t know yet that could help?

3. kirsten says:

I like how you pulled out the evening tones is your edit. I look forward to what you do with your next edit.

lovely reflections!

5. lensaddiction says:

I like how the colour in the sky is reflected in the water and nice texture in the water. As a few people have commented it has a lot of noise in the image, it looks like colour noise. I havent used PS to remove it, as I tend to shoot very low ISO to minimise this problem while using a tripod so can’t help there but maybe a tutorial online?

Otherwise I know a lot of people use special programs to remove noise but it can have the opposite problem of softening them too much. Nothing is easy!

6. Bastet says:

Oh this is fantastic … love how you edited this, it vibrates with colour … already a great photo btw, can’t wait to see where you’ll go from here.

7. This is great. Looks like it could be in a travel brochure because I want to go there. Looks gorgeous.

Ah Janis what a lovely view and those reflections are wonderful. The colour tones are very nice too.
    In camera raw, you could try lifting the luminance – this helps with noise, although I dont know if there any side effects. You find it under the triangle with sharpening.
    You could also try a trial of Topaz Denoise. Its very effective.
    Looking forward to the next ones 😃😃

9. Thanks Robyn – I actually don’t understand about camera raw, if it exists in a point and shoot camera or how to find it, nevermind what to do with it! LOL! But I’ll check out Topaz Denoise right now!

w