One Four Challenge – March Week 2

Stage 3..Week 2.

Hello Folks!  I went artsy fartsy this week. I remembered there are some better art options in Corel, which I haven’t used for a long time, so I bopped between the two programs.  I like it for the possibilities it presents for an art quilt, but not particularly as a photo in and of itself. I’ll work toward that goal next week.

If this looks like fun to you feel free to join us at Robyn’s One Four Challenge on her Captivate Me blog.

Now for the photo art chatter!  Here’s what I did:

Stage 1 in Photoshop

Lightened it up by changing input levels from

[0          1.         255 ]        to        [10        .4         230]

Selective color;

RED – Reduced cyan and increased yellow

NEUTRALS – increased cyan and magenta/decreased yellow

BLUE – reduced black

Stage 2 In Corel

Effects/Art Strokes/Cubist

Stage 3 In PS

Slightly shifted hue toward pink/purple

With Calligraphic straight brush tinted white part of sky pinkish.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

A totally different feel, which is great! Such rich hues – makes me think of Pointillism or a Mosaic 🙂

2. Very impressionistic, something that I would never attempt but I think it is great you have. It really works.

3. lensaddiction says:

VERY purple which I like, and initially I was a bit overwhelmed but when I saw the subtle texture detail I liked it more. Interesting effect

definitely has an impressionistic look!!

It is a bit ‘out there’ for me, but being a quilter myself, I definitely can see how this could be great inspiration for an art quilt!

6. afairymind says:

I love this! The impressionist look works really well. Great edit. 🙂

7. Do you do traditional quilts, modern quilts or art quilts?

8. Hanni says:

I love what you did with the picture! Reminds me a bit of the old water paintings 🙂

9. Very artistic take, like a modern version of impressionism. I especially like the colors.

10. photo art is so much fun!! I like the purple and the brush strokes!! It’s a great transition in the slideshow!!

w