One Four Challenge, July, Week 3

Already, it’s the third week in July- wow, it’s flying!  Linking up with Robyn’s wonderful blog, Captivate Me, for this challenge.  So much to see there!  Check it out!  I learn so much from these folks!  Well, here’s my edit for this week and an extra for the fun of it.

w.3.3

This week I set out to enhance the colors in the photo.  I began with the original photo and went straight to the Selective Color Sliders in PS3.  First I went to the greens and pushed what little green there is to really stand out. Next, I made the golds golder and the blues bluer. And ever so slightly, I  made the neutrals deeper.  I got brave and painted some shadows into the waves.

Then I couldn’t help myself and I threw it back into PS to see what it would look like with the Cutout filter:

w.3. cutout.

Lot’s of fun!  Thanks for joining me!

1. debiriley says:

love that! inspires me to go back to Photoshop and play 🙂

Liked by 1 person

cool..I will have to play more with PS

Liked by 1 person

Love the depth of the blues!

4. afairymind says:

I love the rich colours of the first edit but the 2nd edit, with the cutout filter, really appeals to me. 🙂 Good job.

Liked by 1 person

I really like them both! The cut out filter gives some fabulous results doesn’t it – I think it really appeals to U.S. Textile Artists too 😃
    Love that you’ve pushed the colour and added some shadows. I find this contrasty colour version very appealing. Nice Janis!

That was ‘us’ – not U.S. 😜