First Day’s Work
Yesterday was the first day of work in the new summer studio. I had some great company, Diane Franklin joined me for the day and I can’t believe I didn’t take any pictures! Guess I couldn’t teach and take pics at the same time. But, of course, except for one, they’re all still batching for a few days and I’ll share then our results.
However, I did open one as an experiment. I wanted to see the results of printing on cotton with only alum as a mordant and to see the difference a few days make before you unroll the log. So, I opened only this one to record the results. It has a twin. I took a length a fabric, cut it in half, placed it back together and worked on the whole length as if it was one. They were rolled up separately but tied together for the simmering phase.
The devil is in the details! If I’m right, the print that has batched for three days will be noticeably stronger than this one:
Today, I’m going to soak another piece of the same fabric in soy milk and back to the alum and if my experiences of last Fall are on the mark, it should be a considerably stronger print. Stay tuned and thanks for coming along for the ride!
Linking up with Nina Marie’s Off The Wall Friday!