I dyed this piece of cotton saxon blue but, not being familiar with this dye yet, I went too light on the amount of dye I used. So, I experimented a bit further cutting off two pieces of the fabric and dipping the first one in half vinegar and half ferrous sulfate; the second piece, I dipped in hot soda ash. Pretty dramatic difference!
It’s that time of year now when my outdoor work comes to an end. I have only a few more chores to do before I prepare it to winter over. So this morning I’ll take a look back to days when I had a special visitor! Only a few weeks ago did I realize that one of the trees on the slope beside Lake Quannapowett was a pear tree. The leaves actually did print with some coaxing.