Down to the wire here! I finished the foundation with more thread painting on the willow tree branches and secured every little reflective piece of color and generally cleaned up the back, which was not very pretty but looks fairly neat now.
I blocked the whole thing for the second time to get it all flat and well behaved – no wonkiness or bunching.
I used a lazer to position the straight edges, which I often do, but this time I was doing it on a large table in my outdoor studio and it was already pinned to the cushioned work table; so I decided to pin string to define the cut lines along with the lazer and it worked great.
Back to finish up the final piece – deadline August 1st!!!