I finally have my sewing room clean and re-organized. So good to be able to work in more than a 12” space on the table and room to get around without knocking things over and stepping on fabric! I’m trying to make new smalls for the few that are still looking for Christmas gifts, though I’m not fretting about getting them done on time – just getting warmed up and feeling the pleasure to work on my own timeline and on working on the small sizes from 4 x 6” to 6 x 9”.
The last theme I’ve been working on has been “Deconstruct/Reconstruct” and I’m continuing in this mode. As I cleaned, I realized that I had a lot more UFO’s than I remembered and quite a few that are simply not up to my own bar now, so I have no desire to finish them as they are, and a few that are finished but need a new life. I have a lot of “material” that’s ripe fodder for this theme and an abundance of commercial fabric that I can’t bear to waste and I want to use them.
Of course, I also have a healthy stock of new and in-progress botanical prints to delve into! And still boxes of deconstructed screen prints and then, there’s a pile of gel prints on paper…
Ah, but that’s all for yet another year! I’ll still be cleaning and puttering for the rest of this one as I take art breaks doing whatever art I feel like at any given moment – such a breath of fresh air!